Saturday 29 August 2009

Holy Gravy

This is a food blog that stands for audacious, innovative and quirky gastronomical ideas. To me it is essential to concoct new recipes to inspire the beginner or advanced cook. This journal therefore also universally meets differing palettes by providing recipes of various categories. It is for the student and family on a budget. It is for the epicurean, the vegan/vegetarian, the one with a sweet tooth who could so easily obliterate a big fat buttery wedge of cake in seconds, and anyone else who appreciates or has a curiosity for food.

Another primary ingredient to my page is articles and reviews on food and restaurants. Discovering the best food is not necessarily the most expensive. As much as I love wandering around the pristine food hall of Selfridges, from experience I have also discovered fantastic products from the lower priced end of the market such as in Aldi and Lidl. For that reason, it is not about the brand but the quality. This viewpoint may seem common sense, but it is surprising how many people believe that to discover the finest produce you have to always go to the luxury food stores. Similarly, you don’t have to continually go to the supermarket to find good food. There are also other options such as markets, which will often sell a vast amount of local produce.

Hence, my biggest passion in life is food and cookery. To me there is no point living everyday off convenience packaged meals filled with cancer killing chemicals and lacking any flavour. You have to eat to survive, so you may as well eat well. These are my beliefs, my philosophy. I hereby introduce you to Holy Gravy.


Much love,


Rebecca

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment